3 de nov. de 2013

White Tyger

O mighty Tyger,
Guardian of the West Sky,
Let me be thy humble rider
For a brief score of time;
Grant me that I may follow Thee
Throughout thy scouting rounds,
Over countless galaxies,
Where Life and Love abound.

O, great Tyger:
Quickly! Seize me into thy Whiteness:
Though I be but a poet minor,
I vow to clash for thy Quest.
And, together, we shall fix this mess:
Subjugate demons and vipers;
Angels and Gods (the great dividers).

Thus could we set the world free,
Where Men would be their own;

Where Love, like a vast sea,
Would flood every single home,
With no border of faith or creed:
A World where only Peace is enthroned.

O, mighty Guardian!
Let me dream, let me dream!
Let me hunt, like thy kin Orion,
All my utopias and schemes;

Help me, Tyger: carry me on!
I need your brave scream, your mighty roar,
To frighten and empower my trembling soul.

O Tyger, mighty Tyger.
How many ages have Thee witnessed so far?
How many pitiful poets and wandering fighters;
Beggars and kings; sinners and saints, virtuous and liars:
All but insignificant little nothings, wailing at thee in awe.


Thy Stars are gazed upon since time afar,
And yet, Thou too art nowhere to be found.


--

(Orion Nebula. Photo by Hubble telescope. All credits belong to NASA and ESA. The Orion belt (middle left) together with Betelgeuse, Bellatrix, Saiph and Rigel stars, make up the so called "3rd Palace" of Chinese astronomy, within the huge White Tiger group of constellations. For more information on the photo: http://www.astronet.ru/db/xware/msg/apod/2006-01-20)


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário